Janis M. Rogers’ Professional Profile
- Northwood University – Business Administration Midland , Michigan (Graduated with honors)
- Central State Universityy-Manufacturing Engineering
- General Motors University: Project Management, Problem Solving, Accounting, Pre-Production Launch Process, GMS Overview.
GM Technical Center – Warren, MI
Engineering Pre-Production Launch Manager – (Current Position)
- Effectively led team for the launch of most recently; 2016, 2017 Cadillac XTS in Oshawa, Canada , Malibu in Korea and Fairfax, Kansas City, KS
- Currently working on 2019 and 2020 Malibu .
- Launched products on time and within budget
- While focusing on quality, consistently reassessed budget and project focus to eliminate waste and implement cost-cutting measures to meet budget targets
- Chairperson, Pontiac Meals On Wheels Steering Committee 2008-2016 – PMOW serves meals to over 400 elderly and shut-in daily in the cities of Pontiac, Sylvan Lake and Keego Harbor, MI
- The Links, Inc. (Detroit Renaissance Chapter) member – one of the oldest and largest volunteer service organizations of women who are committed to enriching, sustaining and ensuring the culture and economic survival of African Americans and other persons of African ancestry. Serving on organization’s National Leadership team.
- Professional Management Network (PMN) member – serve as General Motors salaried employee to assist in community outreach initiatives.
- GM African Ancestry Network (GMAAN) Employee Resource Network Group member – an affinity group for all African Ancestry employees globally. It is driven to be a resource to provide GM a competitive advantage by attracting, developing and retaining African Ancestry employees while connecting to communities.